2017 Coaching Staff
Chad Mathis, Head CoachBeginning his second full season as Head Coach of the Columbus High Blue Devils, Coach Mathis is a 1994 graduate of Peach County High School (Ft. Valley, GA) where he was a member of the 1992 State Runner-Up football team and a 4-year letterman in baseball. He went on to play for Columbus State University (Columbus, GA) where he earned Second Team All-Conference Honors. He signed a free agent contract in 1999 with the Class "A" Richmond Roosters (Richmond, IN) in the Frontier League.
Coach Mathis' coaching career began as an Assistant at Berrien High School (Nashville, GA) in Varsity football and baseball in 2000-2001. He moved on to become an Assistant at Pacelli High School (Columbus, GA) in Varsity football, basketball and baseball in 2001-2002. He came to CHS from Andrew College (Cuthbert, GA) where he was the Head Assistant Baseball Coach for the Tigers from 2002-2005. Coach Mathis served as the Head Assistant baseball coach at CHS for 9 years prior to being promoted to interim head coach early in the 2015 season.
In 2009, Coach Mathis added the responsibility and title of Athletic Director at Columbus High School. Coach Mathis has won 12 State Championship Titles in his tenure as AD.
His education includes an Associate of Science Degree in Secondary Education from Andrew College, a Bachelor's of Science in Education from Columbus State University, and a Master's in Sports and Fitness Management from Troy State University (Troy, AL) in May of 2009.
He is married to the former Elizabeth McKnight of Columbus, GA. They have one child, daughter, Emma.
- Region 3-A GACA Assistant Coach of the Year - 2002
- Region XVII (JUCO) Assistant Coach of the Year – 2004
- Region 5-AAAA Assistant Baseball Coach of the Year – 2012
- Ledger-Enquirer All-Bi City Softball Coach of the Year – 2012
- GACA All-State Softball Coach for North/South All-Star Game - 2014
- 2012 Region 5-AAAA Softball Champs (5th in State)
- 2013 Region 5-AAAA Softball Champs
- 2014 Region 1-AAAAA Softball Champs (6th in State)
- Region 1-AAAAA Athletic Director of the Year - 2016
- MVP - 1994 * 2nd Team All Conference - 1996
- Class "A" Frontier League - 1999
Robert Morgan, Assistant Coach
Beginning his sixth season as Assistant Coach of the Columbus High Blue Devils, Coach Morgan graduated from College Park High School in College Park, Georgia in 1981. He lettered four years in baseball, and in his senior year was the Captain of the team and named Most Valuable Player. Coach Morgan lettered three years in football and two years in wrestling. He attended West Georgia College for one year before graduating from Columbus State University in 1999 with a B.S. Ed. While at CSU he was inducted into Phi Kappa Phi, an academic honor society and was a member of Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society. In 2004, Coach Morgan completed his M. Ed at CSU.
Coach Morgan taught 11 years at Kendrick High School, where he was an assistant baseball coach for three years. He joined the teaching staff of Columbus High School in 2010. He is AP cerified to teach AP Environmental Science and also teaches Biology and other sciences.
Coach Morgan served in the U.S. Army for over 15 years, with six years on active duty. He served in the Infantry, to include several years as a drill instructor. He taught part time for five years at Columbus State in the physical education department.
Coach Morgan played semi-pro baseball for the Hickory Rebels in Hickory, North Carolina in the mid-80's.
He has been married since 1982 to Donna Morgan of Hickory, North Carolina. They have one son, Scott Morgan, a 2011 Columbus High School Graduate.
i dreamed my wife cheated on me read here
why do women cheat with married men
McLendon Hill, Assistant CoachStarting his second season as Assistant Coach of the Columbus High Blue Devils, Coach Hill graduated from Columbus High School in 2010. He lettered in baseball each year, and was a member of the 2010 State Championship team. He also lettered one year in basketball.
Coach Hill attended Georgia Perimeter College where he won a Georgia NJCAA State Championship and Gold Glove Award in 2011, and earned Second Team All-Conference honors in 2012.
Coach Hill began his coaching career at Calvary Christian School in Columbus, GA, where he was the Head Middle School Baseball Coach and Assistant Varsity Coach in 2014.
- 2008, 2009, 2010 Ledger Enquirer First Team, All Bi-City
- 2009 Team Georgia
- 2011 Georgia NJCAA Gold Glove
- 2012 Georgia NJCAA Second Team All-Conference
Matthew Rossi, Assistant Coach
In his second season as an Assistant Coach of the Columbus High Blue Devils, Coach Rossi played his senior season and graduated from Northside High School in 2011 after playing three years for the Pacelli Vikings where he was part of the 2008 Georgia State Championship team. Coach Rossi lettered in baseball each year of his high school career and lettered three years in football at Pacelli.
Coach Rossi participated in the 2010 Power Showcase at Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ and he attended Northwest Florida State College.
Coach Rossi was previously an Assistant Coach of the Calvary Christian Knights where he coached two years, helping lead the Knights to state playoff appearances both years.
- 2008, 2009, 2010 First team, All Bi-City
- 2008, 2009, 2010 First team, All Region
- 2010 Region Player of the Year and Single-A Player of the Year
Cam Greathouse, Assistant Coach
Starting his second season as Assistant Coach of the Columbus High Blue Devils, Coach Greathouse graduated from Shaw High School in 2008. He lettered and started in baseball each year, and was a member of the 2005 State finalist team. He also lettered and started three years in football, and was a member of the 2006 State finalist team.
Coach Greathouse then attended Gulf Coast Community College. After graduating, he signed a national letter-of-intent with the University of South Carolina before being drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2010 (8th round, 250th overall). He pitched in the minor leagues for three seasons.
Coach Greathouse is married to Tori Greathouse, and has two beautiful daughters, Conally and Taylin.
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 First Team All Bi-City - Baseball
- 2008 All Bi-City Player of the Year - Baseball
- 2007 First Team All State - Football
- 2007, 2008 First Team All Bi-City - Football
- 2010 All-Time Strikeouts in a Season Leader (133), Gulf Coast Community College
- 2010 Panhandle Player of the Year
- 2011 Minor Leage Pitcher of the Month
John Randall Lasseter, Assistant CoachBeginning his first season as an assistant coach at Columbus High School, Coach Lasseter graduated from Perry High School in Perry, GA in 2008 where he lettered in both baseball and football. He then attended Georgia Southern University and graduated with a Bachelor degree in Chemistry. Upon, graduation Coach Lasseter first begin teaching in Rockingham, North Carolina at Richmond Senior High School for three years where he was an Assistant JV/Varsity Coach for baseball and football.
- Perry High School, 2008
- Georgia Southern University, 2008-2013 B.A., Chemistry
- Richmond Senior High School, Rockingham, NC 2013-2016, Chemistry and Biology
- Richmond Senior High School Assistant, JV/Varsity Coach, 2014
- Richmond Senior High School, 9th grade coach/Assistant Varsity, 2015
- Richmond Senior High, JV head Coach/Assistant Varsity, 2016
- Richmond Senior High School Assistant JV/Varsity Coach 2015-16
- Columbus High School Running Backs Coach 2016
- Varsity Letter in Baseball and Football at Perry High.
Blake Hicks, Assistant CoachBeginning his first season as an assistant coach at Columbus High School, Coach Hicks graduated from Columbus High School in Columbus, GA in 2016 where he was an All-Bi-City Honoree and a part of two region championships. He is currently attending Columbus State University in Columbus.